Atomic Blonde (private sale)
Perth WA, Australia
35 ft / 10.84m
WA Offshore Champion 2021 and in optimal race condition with a 2021 endorsed IRC rating of 1.042. Atomic Blonde will appear as a tested, but new 10.80. That is how well it has been maintained plus it has had a range of post delivery upgrades and a full racing wardrobe ready to hit the start line. The JPK 10.80 is by far the most successful 2H yacht globally but has equally been very successful as full crew, most notably with wins of the Fastnet and a 2nd overall in the Sydney-Hobart in 2015. Atomic Blonde has been built and equipped to the highest IRC race specification regardless of expense. Western Australian Div 2 Offshore and Blue Water champion every season since launch. Current Siska Trophy holder (overall WA Offshore Champion). Fitted with Gyropilot 2 and regatta processor she is a true two-handed and full crew champion. She has also been equipped with the essentials for comfortable cruising (oven, hot water systems, good fridge, shower, electric toilet, holding tanks) without adding undue weight. All sails are in excellent condition and suitable for top level racing with no upgrades or replacements required. Atomic Blonde is well built, impeccably maintained and upgraded JPK 10.80, an offer unique in its kind, inevitably a contender for the 2022 Sydney to Hobart 2H and overall.
The JPK 10.80 has unparalleled performance and a remarkable track record as is the current race record holder in the Rolex Sydney to Hobart for boats under 12m. A selection of the JPK 10.80 results: - 3rd 2H Rolex Fastnet 2021 (non-pro crew) - Western Australian Offshore Champion 2021 - 1st & 2nd 2H Rolex Middle Sea Race 2019 - 2H winner Rolex Middle Sea Race 2018 - Div4 Winner and <12m race record Sydney to Hobart 2017 - Overall Winner of the Middle Sea race 2017 - Overall Winner of the Rolex Fastnet 2015 - 2nd Overall Sydney to Hobart 2015
- Vinylester infused hull - Vinylester infused deck (not standard polyester)
- Twin rudders - Volvo 20hp saildrive with Gori 2 blade folding race prop
- Axxon HS40 ultra high modulus carbon mast and boom
- Alloy spreaders, Nitronic rod rigging
- Optimised masthead crane for moderate square-topped mainsail with standing backstay
- Mast is deck stepped, but hinged (can be lowered whilst under way) with solid base when upright
- Custom Swarbrick 70cm IRC optimized lightweight carbon fibre bowsprit with detachable anchor bow roller
- C-Spar lightweight carbon stanchions (copied from Wild Oats)
- Carbon reaching strut/jockey pole
Deck equipment - Carbon tiller with Spinlock alloy tiller extension - Harken 40 and 46 Performa alloy self-tailing race winches - Harken 32mm big boat traveler with double high load cars (MWL 4082kg) and double high load roller bearing ends - Mainsheet blocks = 3x Harken V titanium roller blocks (MWL 1500kg each) led direct to mainsheet winches secured with titanium bolts - Ronstan Constrictor clutches for halyards and high load lines - All other clutches are Spinlock. - All other blocks are Spinlock and Ropeye - 2x Axxon Carbon spinnaker poles with lightweight Forespar ends modified with custom made high tensile larger diameter close tolerance stainless steel pins - Alloy folding bow cleats - Fixed alloy stern cleats - Lightweight telescopic stern boarding ladder - Spinlock Flush Mount Throttle Control Face Plate Kit ATCU/1
- 2 masthead spin halyards
- 1 fractional spin halyard
- 2 genoa halyards
- 1 topping lift
All 8mm Dyneema core.
- Main, jib halyards, jib sheets and braces are SK99
- Spinnaker halyards and sheets are SK78
- Tylaska 8 snapshackles.
- Lithium 180AH house battery
- 40AH start battery with integrated battery management system and solenoids with remote override (weight saving 50kg, 50% more performance than lead battery)
- 120A alternator with charge splitter and Victron battery monitor
- LED interior land reading lights (red and white)
- LED masthead and deck nav light
- LED strip foredeck/steaming light with additional switch in cockpit|
- 10A mains charger
- Onboard marine PC with arm mounted screen
- integrated WiFi
- Telstra Modem with twin stern mounted aerials (40nm range)
- aerial and wiring for satphone
- ICOM VHF radio with internal and cockpit speakers
- Integrated Vesper WatchMate Vision 2 (current model) AIS with screen
- Farrallon UltraWhip 33g titanium masthead aerial with LW240 ultra-lightweight cable and signal splitter
- Alpine stereo with internal and external speakers
- 12v outlet and twin USB outlets
- ICOM handheld VHF
- All NKE as per seperate schedule (available on request)
- Upgraded to latest software versions.
- 2 x Multigraphic large hi-res displays
- 9X compass for heel, pitch and movement with integrated processor for accuracy
- High speed externally mounted GPS
- Adrena Offshore Professional navigation software.
- NKE hydraulic autopilot All calibrated.
- Both paddlewheel and Ultrasonic speed sensors
- NKE Carbowind racing wind sensor.
- Custom lightweight, with custom built centre table and drawers
- Enlarged fridge
- Extra cabin windows and hatches for ventilation.
- Removal of doors except for toilet compartment
- Pressurised fresh water system with twin tanks (Cat 1&2 compliant) 200litre capacity
- 20 litre Isotherm plastic hot water system (lightweight, drainable for racing)
- Deck shower
- Internal hot water shower with shower compartment drain pump
- Eno LPG gas stove with twin burners and oven
- Pipe cots in both aft cabins
- lee cloths throughout.
- Electric Jabsco toilet with 40 litre holding tank, gravity drained.
- All seacocks except holding tank outlet are Forespar Marelon Flowtech racing type. - Lightweight foam sandwich rubbish bin
- Scandvik model 10226 twin sink with powered hot/cold faucet.
- Lightweight cabin roof lining
- deletion of lockers in fore cabin
- deletion of starboard saloon lockers (shelf with netting instead). Extra-large fridge with small freezer compartment, isotherm fridge compressor and additional insulation for tropical conditions
- Australian compliant gas bottle locker and compliant solenoid, sensors and nav station control. Gas certification.
- North 3Di Main excellent condition 2021 (only a few races)
- North 3Di #1 excellent condition 2021 (only a few races)
- North 3Di #2 excellent condition 2021 (only a few races)
Doyle Stratis #3 in excellent condition
- Doyle cableless Code 0 almost brand new
- Doyle S2 114m2 SPA in excellent condition 2 seasons old,
- Doyle heavy S2 107m2 SPA
- Doyle A3 in very good condition
- Doyle A1.5 lightly used
- Doyle spinnaker staysail in excellent condition
- Storm jib (never used).
- Delivery main and jib.
All sails are currently suitable for top level racing and do not need replacing.
Safety Equipment - Currently rated to cat 2 (no Cat 1 races in WA) - Sliding dodger weathershield over companionway - Jonbuoy Danbuoy horseshoe combo + Separate Lifesling (both meet offshore spec regs) - Heaving line - EPIRB and all other Cat 2 equipment - Fortress Fx-16 anchor + Manson R6 alloy racer anchor - Spectra grab line across stern - Stern lines unclip for quick access - Vesper and NKE MOB systems - 2 manual and 2 electric bilge pumps
Perth WA, Australia